Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Sunrise of Spring

So, I haven't written in a long time. I really haven't felt the need or want to start writing with everything that has been happening in my life. But today is a new day, with new friends, experiences, and interests than any other. As I finish my third semester at school I feel a sense of renewal that I never would have expected to come from such dark moments in my life. Many people have come and gone over the years and this one certainly was a doozy, but even though I lost some people who meant a lot to me I've gained in the same moment a chosen few who I wouldn't trade for the world. I have learned throughout my years that who you have surrounding you is more important than anything else. That above all things our relationships will make the biggest impact on who we become and who we are. I align with the belief that love is everything, that in the end we will be remembered for how we loved people and who we left behind. In this belief I find peace and comfort that I will always succeed in everything I do as long as I love the people around me. With that being said I am not the type to throw that word around, from a young age I have had an incredibly hard time with the concept that you can love people freely. I've always believed that saying those three words is cheap and pointless because you can "love" her and in the same sentence "love" a pizza. It created a concept in my head that the word itself is entirely meaningless and should be shown more than it is ever said. I strive in my actions to show that I am willing to go to the ends of the earth for those I love and that I will stop at nothing to make them feel and know without a doubt that they are loved. So with this explained enters in the main thought of my post.

I chose the name because it suits how this past year has been for me. I feel that I have been stuck in a "sunset" for the past eight months, no matter what I did I have felt that I am fighting a losing battle and just simply going downhill. But in recent months I have felt a new spark, and so many aspects of my life have begun to change for the better. I have made friendships that I feel will last the remainder of my lifetime, I have taken leadership roles and accomplished things I never thought to be possible, and I have rediscovered a love for my art that I had long since forgotten. I remembered just how much music means to me, I remembered just how blissful and calm I feel while I perform, as if the world simply fades from existence and nothing matters except the music that I am making. I have met people who I feel I can talk with for days and no matter what I say or do they will still be there for me, no matter what the cost is to them. With the coming of this spring I feel that I have witnessed the very sunrise of the next chapter of my life. I think that people tend to miss the little things that make them happy, they get so focused on what the next milestone is and they forget to stop and simply enjoy the smell of a rose. But, most importantly the most forgotten are the people who lift you up and are not afraid to tell you when you are wrong. I can think of three in my life right now that have made a major impact and will not be forgotten.

I am going to change the names to protect those I'm writing about.

1. Ferris,
Someone who I did not expect to be anywhere near as close as they are now. He has become an incredibly important friend in my life, and has gone out of his way to hold me accountable and make sure I know exactly what he feels. He is someone who will spend as long as you need just listening, or talking out any problems you may have. Prone to the truth no matter how blunt it may be, and not afraid to tell you when you are wrong. I have spent countless hours with him just discussing every aspect of my life from sorrows, to homework, business, relationship advice, faith, and past life experiences. It makes no difference he is always ready and able to listen and I will always treasure his friendship.

2. Victor,
Also someone who I never would have thought would become one of my dearest friends. Instrumental in keeping me sane throughout the last year and always being willing to make certain I am alright. Driving around listening to music, sitting and just having a drink and playing board games till the early morning hours, or standing in the cold and trying to reassure me that I'm not as dumb as I feel. Always making certain to reach out when you know I am not well and not afraid to push if I am reluctant to answer. You always try to include me no matter who you are with and I appreciate that you are willing to sacrifice your own personal time to try and lift my spirit. More than anything I appreciate just how much time you devote to protecting your friends.

3. Pansy Parkinson,
You are an interesting story. We have connected on a much deeper level in an impressive amount of time. I would consider you to be my best friend and I know that I can share anything with you. I could sit with you for hours just listening to old vinyl's and discussing life. I never get bored of watching you get excited over even the smallest of things. Whether its just watching a show, or swing dancing, or listening to good music, you are always happy to just be there. I find myself writing lyrics, poems, and even this blog again. You inspire me to be a better version of myself with every day that you are around. You are irreplaceable in my life and not a day goes by that I don't wonder how I ever got so lucky. You are worth far more than you ever may realize, but I won't give up on hoping one day you see yourself as I do. I've never met another like you, nor do I think I will. I can't wait to see our friendship grow, and do whatever I can to make you smile every single day.


These three people mean so much to me I could write separate posts on each alone. But the point of this is to show that no matter how dark the world might seem, there are always people who can change your entire perspective. Even small simple gestures can change a day for the better. To anyone reading you could be that person for someone even if you don't know that you are. You can be the cause of someone else's sunrise.


As always
Love God
Love People
And love yourself

Fight for those who cannot fight for themselves,
S.O.T.B,

No comments:

Post a Comment